June 26, 2009

summer projects announced

Summer weather in New York so far =
After gathering your emails, facebook messages, anonymous tips and phone calls, I have compiled a list of summer projects. This list will probably be expanded, but for now...

Summer Projects
Benjamin's idea: Reverse Ekphrasis... take a picture that represents a poem or something else literary.

Jake's idea: Portraits of Dancers.

Josh's idea: Take an item and place it where it doesn't belong (or where it wouldn't normally be found), and then, of course, take a picture.

Emily's idea: Variations on Diane Arbus.

Emily's idea 2: Trompe-l'œil (either I'll photograph an example of this or try to create it in a photo)

Chris' idea: Find one or two photos by photographers you admire. Try to recreate them exactly.

Steve's idea: Nudes.

Andrews' idea: Negative spaces.

Jennie's idea: Pictures of people from very far away.

My ideas:
Tourist for a day. Dress up as a New York City tourist with a friend and go around the city taking photos that emulate/put a spin on typical tourist photography. 

Street walking. Randomly select a number then walk across Manhattan on the designated street from river to river. Take at least 2 photos per avenue block.

Portrait station. Setup shop on a sidewalk or in a park with a sign offering free portraits. I also want to photograph everyone I know.

I'm not sure what order these will go in, but I hope to get one up by next week. If anyone sees something they'd like to be a part of, please let me know. My camera is collecting a little dust so I need to get moving!

P.S. Thanks to Paul for helping me make my photos larger!

1 comment:

  1. Write a word on a piece of tape. Put it on the models mouth. Shoot something that exemplifies or counters that word.

    ReplyDelete