March 30, 2009

assignment 5

Get out! Observe! Go to an art museum.

The Whitney: I went to see Artists Making Photographs
. It's a small exhibit, but very interesting.


The Met: I visited their online collection database where they keep an archive of their photographs... then I went to find them on the walls. Here are some of my favorites.



Photos by:
William Henry Fox Talbot, Marie-Charles-Isidore Choiselat, Albert Sands Southworth, Louis-Rémy Robert , David Johnson, Nadar, Gustave Le Gray, Édouard Baldus, Roger Fenton, Eugène Cuvelier, Carleton E. Watkins, Alexander Gardner, Timothy O'Sullivan, Thomas Eakins, Edward Steichen, Paul Strand, Charles Sheeler, Andreas Gursky, El Lissitzky
To find out who did what, go here.

To see new photography from people you might not have heard of, go here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

2 comments:

  1. OK! I love your blog so much. I don't know how I came across it, but while walking around in NYC I make note of things that interest me, and when I get back to my computer I research them. somehow I had your web address in my list of things to research. When I have the time, I will def. look through your posts slowly. from what I see...I LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete